New Zealand is an exciting and multi-faceted country and a major destination for immigrants, tourist, investors and international students. The stunning landscape, unique culture, top-notch cities and employment opportunities are some of the reasons thousands of immigrants throng to New Zealand.
Additionally, one of the benefits of becoming a New Zealand permanent resident or citizen is the opportunity to migrate to Australia without the need of a visa.
Immigration application could be an onerous process if you have limited knowledge about how things work.
There are various New Zealand visa categories that satisfy every immigration objectives and knowing the visa that suits your travel purpose should be the first consideration. Here are the most popular types of visas:
- Visit visa: New Zealand is a beautiful country with breathtaking scenery, this visa stream allows visitors to explore the rich culture of New Zealand.
- Work visa: The employment rate is impressive hence thousands of skilled immigrants moving to New Zealand. Immigration is vital to the New Zealand economy as skilled economic immigrants impact the economy positively.
- Study visa: New Zealand offers world-class education and thousands of international students yearly are offered admission. Graduates can seek to change their resident status and employment
- Transit visa: You will need to apply for transit if you are passing through New Zealand as a transit passenger unless you are travelling to Australia or you are from a visa waiver country.
- family visa: New Zealand citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their loved ones or relatives into the country. This is one of the easiest ways of immigrating to New Zealand.
- Business & Investment visa stream: Immigrants contributes to the overall productivity of the economy, Investors and Business people through their various business ventures create direct and indirect employment thereby boosting the GDP. Permanent residency status is offered to qualified applicants through this stream.
- Residence visa: Resident visa affords you the privilege to live in New Zealand permanently but with a travel condition.Your resident visa will allow you to travel in and out of New Zealand (as a resident) for a specified period of time only – usually 24 months or in some situations, they are valid for 5 or 10 years.
Note: The application process could take up to a month and due to backlogs can take longer. The visitor’s visa is valid for up to 9 months.
New Zealand Visa Requirements
There is a number of required documents you must submit when applying for a New Zealand visa. Below are the basic documents required for visa application.
- Valid passport (valid for at least 3 months after your return)
- Medical insurance
- Bank statement, or draft as proof of financial resoources
- Proof of obligation that will prompt your return to your home country
- Recent passport-size photographs
- If you are visiting your family, you are required to provide proof of your relationship.
The Cost Visa
New Zealand visa application cost is $211, including additional fees such as passport handling R505, VFS service fee R1350, and the courier fee R150
Payments can be made on the secure online portal either through credit card or master card into the VFS Global Standard bank account. You can apply online via the New Zealand official immigration website, or offline by downloading the form offline and filling it.